Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

geebee185
Regular Visitor

Bullet Point in Text Box Size

[Edit] Issue appears to be with our version of PBI Desktop, hopefully fixed when we're up to date!

In the text box, if you add a bullet point or a numbered list, the font/font size of the bullet or number does not change with the size of the text.

Example of issueExample of issue

8 REPLIES 8
Brett007
Helper III
Helper III

I am also having the same issue.  The Bullet numbers do not change the size when the font of a single line or all is changed. 

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @geebee185 ,

This is my current version:

vyangliumsft_0-1658824070134.png

You can update Power BI Desktop to the latest version:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update?tabs=powerbi-desktop

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, thanks for this we're still on May 2022

Unfortunatley we cant update Power BI we dont have the admin access and have to wait for IT/security to do it.

Thanks for your help 🙂

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @geebee185 ,

By "bullet point" do you mean the point marked in yellow below?

vyangliumsft_0-1658816874786.png

When you select a single line or all, the "bullet point" will become larger as the font changes.

vyangliumsft_1-1658816874787.png

If you increase the font individually, instead of increasing the line, it will not affect the font.

vyangliumsft_2-1658816874788.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Power BI Community Folks,

I see that this question was not answered properly and the numbers DO NOT change in size with the change in font size when either the line is selected or the entire numbered list is selected.  Please revisit your supposed Solution Response and redo the response to answer the actual question posed.  Thank you.  Here is a pic of my resized font to 24 with the numbers remaining very small in font size.  I tried both selecting single lines and the entire numbered list while resizing the font.  Neither resized the actual numbers.

hp2328_0-1693938563782.png

Hi Liu, it still happens for me/my collegaues when I'm selecting all. But seeing that it works for you I wonder if its the version of PBI desktop we currently have (we only get updates every quarter and they're behind even then!). Which version do you have?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@geebee185 , I selected everything and able to change font

amitchandak_0-1658498498496.png

did the bullet points actually change size? and could you also test it with numbers instead as thats the main issue I'm having

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.