Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IAM
Helper III
Helper III

Add a USERELATIONSHIP to a deviding measure with filters

Hi all,

I want to calculate a percentage and I want to use the relationship with my Dimdate table so I can use one slicer to select the period.

So, I have a table(FTR) with all completed workorders. The column [Resultaat] gives a YES or NO. I need to know the percentages of YES. 

The date field in the FTR table [Datum] is connected to Dimdate[Date] and I want to use this relationship so I can use the Dimdate[Date] slicer.

The measure for the percentage calculation:

FTR % =
VAR Alle=
    Count('FTR'[Resultaat])

VAR Goed =
    CALCULATE(
        COUNT('FTR'[Resultaat]),
        'FTR'[Resultaat] IN { "YES" }
    )
RETURN
    DIVIDE(Goed, Alle)

Any help would be appreciated!

(edited the question based on first response)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
IAM
Helper III
Helper III

Never mind. I just need to add the USERELATIONSHIP (and add a CALCULATE( if I don't have that yet.

So, 

Count('FTR'[Resultaat]) will be -> CALCULATE(Count('FTR'[Resultaat]) , USERELATIONSHIP(FTR table[Datum] , Dimdate[Date]))

And,

CALCULATE(        COUNT('FTR'[Resultaat]),'FTR'[Resultaat] IN { "YES" }) will be ->CALCULATE(        COUNT('FTR'[Resultaat]),'FTR'[Resultaat] IN { "YES" } , USERELATIONSHIP(FTR table[Datum] , Dimdate[Date]))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
IAM
Helper III
Helper III

Never mind. I just need to add the USERELATIONSHIP (and add a CALCULATE( if I don't have that yet.

So, 

Count('FTR'[Resultaat]) will be -> CALCULATE(Count('FTR'[Resultaat]) , USERELATIONSHIP(FTR table[Datum] , Dimdate[Date]))

And,

CALCULATE(        COUNT('FTR'[Resultaat]),'FTR'[Resultaat] IN { "YES" }) will be ->CALCULATE(        COUNT('FTR'[Resultaat]),'FTR'[Resultaat] IN { "YES" } , USERELATIONSHIP(FTR table[Datum] , Dimdate[Date]))

IAM
Helper III
Helper III

Ofcourse, I will rephrase my question. Also I will give an easier example of a percentage calculation.

I want to calculate a percentage and I want to use the relationship with my Dimdate table so I can use one slicer to select the period.

So I have a table(FTR) with all completed workorders. The column [Resultaat] gives a YES or NO. I need to know the percentages of YES. 

The date field in the FTR table [Datum] is connected to Dimdate[Date] and I want to use this relationship so I can use the Dimdate[Date] slicer.

The measure for the percentage calculation:

FTR % =
VAR Alle=
    Count('FTR'[Resultaat])

VAR Goed =
    CALCULATE(
        COUNT('FTR'[Resultaat]),
        'FTR'[Resultaat] IN { "YES" }
    )
RETURN
    DIVIDE(Goed, Alle)

andhiii079845
Super User
Super User

When you use USERELATIONSHIP(Dimdate[Date], Veiligheidsmeldingen[Datum Relation]) you need in your DAX a usage of the Dimdate[Date]. Perhaps give a full example what you want to do. This is very complicated without some underlaying data, tables. I see so many times that the real question and full background comes after 2-3 replies. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.