Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Yonko
Helper I
Helper I

Using Format function with Calculated Groups to convert numbers to millions doesn't work properly

Hello. I have some data with big numbers and what i want is to create a slicer so a user can choose what format he want to see: usual (like 1 234 567) or in millions (1.2 M). To make this i created a calculation group with two values - first one is nothing but a SELECTEDMEASURE() and the second one is FORMAT function (you can see it on screen).
The problem that when i activate Mln option on slicer it works only with card or table visual but don't work with line or bar chart. I guess the problem may be because it convers it to text format and it can't calculate it properly or something else. Anyway, any suggestions to force it work on every visual?

Without applying format:

Yonko_0-1666866246901.png

With format:

Yonko_1-1666866272777.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnt75
Super User
Super User

Change the calculation item for the millions. Change the expression to just return SELECTEDMEASURE(), as the other one does, and instead edit the format string expression for the millions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
johnt75
Super User
Super User

Change the calculation item for the millions. Change the expression to just return SELECTEDMEASURE(), as the other one does, and instead edit the format string expression for the millions.

Thanks, it worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors