Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SinaA
Frequent Visitor

Ranking System Error

I have a question regarding ranking salespeople based on their total sales across different cities using DAX. I'm aiming to have a consistent ranking for each salesperson, regardless of any filters applied. Currently, my ranking system functions correctly when filtering by year or city. However, I've noticed that the ranking changes when I filter for a specific salesperson. For instance, Person A is ranked 34 overall, but when I apply a filter to only display Person A, their rank changes to 21. I'm using the following DAX code:

Rank = RANKX ( ALL('SinaA'[Name]), CALCULATE (SUM('SinaA'[Sales]), ALLEXCEPT(SinaA, SinaA[Name],SinaA[City], SinaA[Year])), , DESC, Dense )

Could you provide some guidance on why this might be occurring and how to maintain a consistent ranking, regardless of the filter applied?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
jiaopengzi
Frequent Visitor

You can use the new function: RANK
to see if it is what you want, the first picture is unfiltered, and the second picture is added with a slicer filter

_RANK = RANK ( DENSE, ALL ( Sales ), ORDERBY ( [Sales], DESC ) )

jiaopengzi_0-1683773306723.png

jiaopengzi_1-1683773335965.png

I appreciate your suggestion. However, I would like to rank salespeople (A, B,....) based on their total sales. Additionally, I would like to rank them when filtering for City or Category. 

Thanks!

You can simulate a result. I don't quite understand what you mean.

eliasayyy
Super User
Super User

is it possible to share some sample data please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.