Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

equerystrian
Advocate I
Advocate I

RELATEDTABLE doco update suggestion

I've been working through the DAX learning path on Learn & found a tip on RELATEDTABLE that was so wonderfully clear I wanted to share it with the world:

"Notice that the formula uses the RELATED function. Remember, row context does not extend beyond the table. If your formula needs to reference columns in other tables, and there are model relationships between the tables, use the RELATED function for the one-side, or the RELATEDTABLE function for the many-side."

I immediately went to the RELATEDTABLE docs page to see if this gem existed there as well. Sadly, this page's functional documentation is very sparse. I went to check the contributors but the Github link is broken. 

If there are any powers who can lift that wonderful Learn content and get it to the DAX documentation page it would be well worth your time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@equerystrian - Might be worth a shot posting this to the Issues board. I have posted some documentation omissions and errors there and had some marginal success with getting things fixed. Worth a try anyway!

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@equerystrian - Might be worth a shot posting this to the Issues board. I have posted some documentation omissions and errors there and had some marginal success with getting things fixed. Worth a try anyway!

Latest book!:

@equerystrian - Cool, I voted for it! 🙂

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors