Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KA95
Helper III
Helper III

How do I return a 0 value if there are blank values in a column

Hi there, I have a measure that sums up a column and will only return one or two values depending on the IF statement, as you can see below:

Hidden Vacancies Rule = IF(sum(pro_vacancy[va_hidden]) >= 1, 0, 100)

If the value is greater than 1 then a score 0 will be returned, if it's less then 100 is returned. This is working correctly, however, the default is always a 100 if there are blank rows. 

I've tried adding a ISBLANK function but it won't allow me to reference the [va_hidden] column. 

How do I make the outcome 0 if there's no rows to sum in the [va_hidden] column?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @KA95 ,

try like:

Hidden Vacancies Rule = IF(sum(pro_vacancy[va_hidden]) <= 1, 100, 0)

or 

Hidden Vacancies Rule = IF(sum(pro_vacancy[va_hidden]) >= 1 || ISBLANK(sum(pro_vacancy[va_hidden])), 0, 100)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @KA95 ,

try like:

Hidden Vacancies Rule = IF(sum(pro_vacancy[va_hidden]) <= 1, 100, 0)

or 

Hidden Vacancies Rule = IF(sum(pro_vacancy[va_hidden]) >= 1 || ISBLANK(sum(pro_vacancy[va_hidden])), 0, 100)

Thank you @FreemanZ I initially tried the first one but that didn't work for some reason. It still took 100 as the default. 

But the second one worked! I need to practice how to use ISBLANK function more, cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors