Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

soldous
Advocate II
Advocate II

Dynamic "Group by" with custom sorting

Hi,

I have a table with activities of users. Each record has user name and date of the activity.

I need to create clusters of activity counts like this:

ranges.PNG 

The grouping needs to be dynamic based on the Date filter selection.

In the end I need two visualisation to be able to filter each other:

tempsnip.png

The visualisation Count of Users by # of activities should represent number of users in each cluster in the Date filter context. By clicking on the bar the table List of Users should be filtered on the users in the cluster. By clicking on the user in the table the visualisation should show to which cluster the user belongs.

I can't figure out how to connect the visualisations because there is no key how to connect custom Ranges table and the original table with activities.

Could someone help?
Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

hI @soldous 
Place [Count of Accounts] measure in the filter pane of the table viual and select "is not blank" then apply the filter

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

hI @soldous 
Place [Count of Accounts] measure in the filter pane of the table viual and select "is not blank" then apply the filter

Thank you @tamerj1 

After all, this solution was correct. I had to change the inner measure for Count Of Activities also to count users with no activity as 0. 

But I need one more visual to be filtered by the ranges. The visual is for Number of Unique Daily Activities calculate like this:

UniqueUsers/Day = VAR tempTbl = ADDCOLUMNS ( SUMMARIZE ( daily_acitivity, daily_activity[Activity Date], "Users", DISTINCTCOUNT ( daily_activity[Username] ) ), "Days",1 ) RETURN SUMX ( tempTbl, [Users] )

By applying the same logic to filter this visualization from the clusters doesn't work. Do you have any idea?

Hi @tamerj1 

Thank you. Is there any other way? By applying the filter I'm going to lose some needed information. Basically, there are also users without any activity in the table and I need to keep them there.

@soldous 

You may try

FilterMeasure =
INT ( ISBLANK ( [# of activities] ) || NOT ISBLANK ( [Count of Accounts] ) )

Place it the filter pane of the table visual and select "is" and type "1" then apply the filter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors