Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sudhakar510
Helper I
Helper I

Count and Rank Please

Hi Experts,

I am looking Count and Rank based on Single Criteria and also combination of 2 Criteria's.

Please see below Table A and Table B.  I am looking to achieve Result and Rank for Table A and Table B Please.

Table A I would like to acheive Result and Rank Please based on Values Column

Sudhakar510_1-1674089863487.png

Table B, I want to acheive Result and Rank based on Value and ID please

Sudhakar510_0-1674089812159.png

Please any Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
eliasayy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

hello @Sudhakar510 
i created a sample data

eliasayy_0-1674091778528.png

the uncessary column is just an added column so the allexcept later on works, because i would assume you have more than those 2 columns 

for table A with only values,use :

Count of Items alone = CALCULATE(COUNT(Help[Value]),ALLEXCEPT(Help,Help[Value]))

and for ranking

table 1 rank = 
VAR __currentvalue = MAX(Help[Value])
VAR __tmpTable = ALL(Help)
VAR __tmpTable1 = SUMMARIZE(__tmpTable,Help[Value],"__Count",[Count of Items alone])
VAR __tmpTable2 = ADDCOLUMNS(__tmpTable1,"__Rank",RANKX(__tmpTable1,[__Count],,DESC,Dense))
RETURN MAXX(FILTER(__tmpTable2,Help[Value]=__currentvalue),[__Rank])

now for table B:

count of item per id = CALCULATE(COUNT(Help[Value]),ALLEXCEPT(Help,Help[ID],Help[Value]))

but if you only have those 2 columns , id and value, use

count of item per id = CALCULATE(COUNT(Help[Value]))

for ranking:

table 2 rank = 
VAR __currentid = MAX(Help[ID])
VAR __tmpTable1 = SUMMARIZE(__tmpTable,Help[Value],Help[ID],"__Count",[count of item per id])
VAR __tmpTable2 = ADDCOLUMNS(__tmpTable1,"__Rank",RANKX(__tmpTable1,[__Count],,DESC,Dense))
RETURN MAXX(FILTER(__tmpTable2,AND(Help[Value]=__currentvalue,Help[ID] = __currentid)),[__Rank])

eliasayy_1-1674092019996.png

if i solved you problem, a kudos is well appreciated as well as mark it as solved

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sudhakar510
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you @eliasayy 

Sudhakar510
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you very much @eliasayy , I will give a try with your measure and will update you as soon as possible. My network is super slow today but I am on it and will let you know soom as soon as ETL process finishes.

eliasayy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

hello @Sudhakar510 
i created a sample data

eliasayy_0-1674091778528.png

the uncessary column is just an added column so the allexcept later on works, because i would assume you have more than those 2 columns 

for table A with only values,use :

Count of Items alone = CALCULATE(COUNT(Help[Value]),ALLEXCEPT(Help,Help[Value]))

and for ranking

table 1 rank = 
VAR __tmpTable1 = SUMMARIZE(__tmpTable,Help[Value],"__Count",[Count of Items alone])
RETURN MAXX(FILTER(__tmpTable2,Help[Value]=__currentvalue),[__Rank])

now for table B:

count of item per id = CALCULATE(COUNT(Help[Value]),ALLEXCEPT(Help,Help[ID],Help[Value]))

but if you only have those 2 columns , id and value, use

count of item per id = CALCULATE(COUNT(Help[Value]))

for ranking:

table 2 rank = 
VAR __currentid = MAX(Help[ID])
VAR __tmpTable1 = SUMMARIZE(__tmpTable,Help[Value],Help[ID],"__Count",[count of item per id])
RETURN MAXX(FILTER(__tmpTable2,AND(Help[Value]=__currentvalue,Help[ID] = __currentid)),[__Rank])

eliasayy_1-1674092019996.png

if i solved you problem, a kudos is well appreciated as well as mark it as solved

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors