Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mstan
Frequent Visitor

Calculated Measure Not Changing with Filters/Slicers

Hi All,

I've created a calculated measure (below) to show the sum of the previous week's numbers.  Everything looks fine until I try to adjust any of the [several] slicers on the page- I expect that sum to adjust but the amount remains unchanged/unaffected. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am stuck. 

Previous Week =
CALCULATE 
SUM ( disputes[amount] ) ,
FILTER
    ALL ( 'disputes' ) ,
    disputes[Year] = SELECTEDVALUE ( disputes[Year] ) &&
    disputes[WeekNum] = SELECTEDVALUE ( disputes[WeekNum] )-1 ) )
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Clinical_Epi
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi there, the addition of "ALL ( 'disputes' ) " in your measure is having the affect of keeping you from filtering. 

When adding a function to a measure normally you can see the specific intention in a pop - for "ALL" the pop up says 'Returns all the rows in a table, or all the values in a column, IGNORING ANY FILTERS that might have been applied)....

The last bit of that comment in the fucntion = "might" = is important, what they (microsoft) actually mean is it WILL ignore ALL filters.. wether or not they are applied... but to be sure check to see if there is one in the side "filter" bar. I assume you made this dashboard, but in case you didn't sometimes people filter things, then hide the side filter bar..

Just remove "ALL" and you'll be fine 

Kind regards

Clin EPI

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Clinical_Epi
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi there, the addition of "ALL ( 'disputes' ) " in your measure is having the affect of keeping you from filtering. 

When adding a function to a measure normally you can see the specific intention in a pop - for "ALL" the pop up says 'Returns all the rows in a table, or all the values in a column, IGNORING ANY FILTERS that might have been applied)....

The last bit of that comment in the fucntion = "might" = is important, what they (microsoft) actually mean is it WILL ignore ALL filters.. wether or not they are applied... but to be sure check to see if there is one in the side "filter" bar. I assume you made this dashboard, but in case you didn't sometimes people filter things, then hide the side filter bar..

Just remove "ALL" and you'll be fine 

Kind regards

Clin EPI

Hi sorry to interrupt, I am trying to measure sales previous weeks, and last 2 weeks, so on so forth. Removing the ALL in FILTER works with the current week DAX, however when it is applied to the last 2 weeks DAX, it shows blanks

zachmas_0-1687916231592.png

zachmas_1-1687916255475.png

This is the original DAX, when the ALL is removed then is returns blank. Any opinion on this?

After changing the data type in PowerQuery rather than in the data view, this worked. Thank you kindly!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors