Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ranin
Employee
Employee

Power BI Custom Visuals' Community

Welcome to Power BI Custom Visuals Community!

Power BI custom visuals is all about community.  We are very excited to announce that custom visuals now have a special place in the Power BI community site, to share knowledge, ideas and news!

Power BI custom visuals useful links for developers

141 REPLIES 141

I have also come across the same issue today. Worked perfectly fine until today. Now we are seeing lots of screen flickering on reports that contain the chiclet slicer. 
Will be intersting to know if this is to be addressed in the 2.0.0.0 version

BarryM
Helper II
Helper II

I'm having issues with the 'Parent' field of the visual. There are 8 Items but the Gantt Chart is only displaying 6 

Gant Chart displays this

BarryM_1-1665761158122.png

But the Number of Paren Items is as follows

BarryM_2-1665761276191.png

How can this be correceted?

Navistar111
Regular Visitor

The lines that go across the milestones look terrible and it would be such an easy update to give us control of this. Can we PLEASE get this updated so that they can be removed...

Or if someone knows how to contact Microsoft over this please let me know.

gantt.png

abloor
Helper IV
Helper IV

Anyone having any issues with the Pie in the Aster Plot 1.4.0?  I find the Details Labels disappear outside the boundaries of the visual.  See the below image where the label for the left hand pie slice is missing.

abloor_0-1665454222847.png

PANKAJ_GOEL

Hi, 

I have tried Stream Graph in PowerBI desktop (From more visual option). The graph has a bug which needs to be fixed. 

The bug is Y axis of the graph is not alligned propery with the visual.

For Ex- if I have a count of 1 closed ticket for specific month than as per the Y axis of the stream graph it is 0.5 and NOT count of 1. (Screenshot attached)

Explanation-

In the graph you can see "ExplorePlan" application has 1 closed ticket for Apr 22 but as per the Y axis of the stream graph it count is between 0.4-0.5 value. which is not correct.

PANKAJ_GOEL_0-1665420802220.png

BrandonGibson

Morning all,

I am relatively new to Power BI and i imagine this is a fairly simple thing to do but i cannot work it out, I am trying to filter out words from the wordcloud visual such as "the", "and" as they provide no insight. I would really appreciate any help anyone can provide me around how to do this. 

Thanks! 

wardaraees
Frequent Visitor

i am facing a problem for last few months in chiclet slicer, when i am opening my report it is taking 9 to 10 seconds for loading the chiclet slicer and due to which it is appearing late, is there any solution to load the slicer faster??

bkara
Frequent Visitor

I am having a similar issue to a previous poster... 

The 'Text Filter' custom visual show me this error "To see this custom visual, add it to this report first: textFilter" once published to BI Service. Works fine in BI Desktop. Thanks.

bkelley
Frequent Visitor

Hi, bkara.  I was able to resolve my issue by changing the FIPS field in my table to whole number instead of text.  Once I did that, the visual rendered correctly.  I referred to this link: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Shape-Map-unique-map-keys/m-p/474154

Had to read it a couple of times before I actually got it into my head to check the field formatting. . .

Hope this helps.

bkelley
Frequent Visitor

Drilldown Choropleth Visual Issue:  The following has been noted in using the Drilldown Choropleth Visual for Microsoft Power BI - Filtering on First Level location causes inaccurate Second Level location geographical visual - For example filtering on States results in inaccurate depiction of County level mapping.  Also, if the source data does not contain a complete state-county representation, drilling down on the visual creates similar inaccurate representation of counties especially in cases where counties in different states have the same name.  This could be due to how the Json shape files are constructed, but I experienced similar results using different json files.  I may need to forego using this visual and defer to the Shape File visual which does not offer drill down capabilities.

guh950
Employee
Employee

Card Browser Visual is not working with the document id of one table, although it works just fine on another. Eliminating all discrepancies, the index column on both tables are the same data type, both are created exactly the same way, yet one populates into the "card" format, while the other remains blank. Any suggestions?

Document ID with first table - worksDocument ID with first table - worksDocument ID with second table - doesn't workDocument ID with second table - doesn't work

index column in both tables have the same datatype, generated from PBI's index column generator.index column in both tables have the same datatype, generated from PBI's index column generator.

erinfield

Hi there, I've tried several times to download the Card Browser Custom Visual by Microsoft, but the "Add" button is greyed out.  I'm signed in when I try and download the app (and I tried under my other Power BI account too- same story).  What needs to happen for me to get it?

erinfield_0-1650862067193.png

Same here, but at my side issue is only in the desktop version. I managed to add a custom visual in the online service. Maybe a workaround for the moment is to publish the report online, edit/add the visual in the online service, download the pbix and continue your work...

we are having the same problem here , do anyone have a solution already?

Also have the same issue as of 20 minutes ago. Was okay all morning, and all of a sudden it's greyed out..

Same here. anyone got a solution?

nickhosamsooi

Hi All,

Im looking for a custom radar chart where i can show value labels on the axis (e.g. a score of 1 through 5) Anyone have a solution for this?

KR,

Nick

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to use Microsoft's Stream Graph custom visual and don't see any options to change data value colors. Is this an available feature?

rachelbaker
Regular Visitor

The options available for controlling the Chiclet slicer under "General" disappear in the new format experience.
We use loads of chiclets and love them, but this makes them really hard to control

The basic controls about rows, columns etc look like this in the old experience:

rachelbaker_0-1643636410798.png

But when I activate the new format pane:

rachelbaker_1-1643636809414.png

I can't do the orientation, columns, rows in the same place:

rachelbaker_2-1643636980690.png

They aren't available using search either:

rachelbaker_3-1643637347406.png

EliaspJR
Regular Visitor

Hello good night, I have a problem in the Chiclet Slicer visual that is not being rendered in the power bi service , the visual only appears when the page is reloaded, I am a user from Brazil. 

ldb125
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have 2 issues when trying to sort an axis in Charticulator.

1) It does not properly sort whole numbers. It improperly sorts based on the first digit. For example, it will produce this sort order: 1, 15, 3,  35, 5, 6, 7, 75, 8, 85, 9. It will only resolve when I change my field format to decimal type.

2) When I sort it does not dynamically sort. For example, I sort by numeric value and it produces the correct sort for the year that is selected when I'm editing the visual. However, if a user makes any changes to slicers, the sort order remains sorted on the values that appeared when the edits were made. For example, if attribute 1 is 3.25 and attribute 2 is 4.25 in year 2020 when the sort was created, the axis will always keep attribute 1 at the top, even if it's value has decreased making it the lowest number in another selected year.

The link to my PBI report is here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors