Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mounika_10

undefined

I am getting problem with scheduled refresh while using csv files .

can anyone guide me to get solution .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Mounika_10 

According to your case description, you want to configure scheduled refresh for the dataset of csv as the data source, for this case the data source is connected using Import mode, if you are connected to the local data source, you need to install the gateway to configure the data source credentials first:

Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you are connected to a CSV data source on Cloud Drive, such as OneDrive or SharePoint, you can directly enter credentials on the service to connect to the successful data source and unlock the scheduled refresh of the dataset, you can refer to this document for details:

Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1673837593080.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Mounika_10 

According to your case description, you want to configure scheduled refresh for the dataset of csv as the data source, for this case the data source is connected using Import mode, if you are connected to the local data source, you need to install the gateway to configure the data source credentials first:

Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you are connected to a CSV data source on Cloud Drive, such as OneDrive or SharePoint, you can directly enter credentials on the service to connect to the successful data source and unlock the scheduled refresh of the dataset, you can refer to this document for details:

Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1673837593080.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mounika_10 ,
Please let me know where is the .csv file located.
You can follow this link if the .csv file is located in SharePoint or Onedrive
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-csv-file-onedrive

You cannot schedule refresh on a dataset created from a comma delimited file .However, when the file is on OneDrive, or SharePoint Online, Power BI will synchronize any changes to the file with the dataset automatically about every hour.
Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal 
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors