Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

v-karkup
Employee
Employee

"Promote App" button is disabled in PowerBI app from Testing to Pre-Production in Release mgmt

Power BI _Error.pngI am using a template app workspace to publish the Apps. In Release Management I have created App and moved to testing phase 

but i could not move from testing to Pre-production. 

"Promote App" button is greyed out.  Message : 

Do we need special access or any approval needed to move the testing version to Pre-production.

6 REPLIES 6
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @v-karkup

Please refer this about how to Manage your published template app.

In your case, your link is now live. 

Note that the Promote app button at the pre-production stage is greyed out. This is to prevent accidentally overwriting the live production link to the current app version before the Cloud Partner Portal has validated and approved the new app version.

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Thanks for your response. My Pre-Production to Production "Promote App" button is active. But My "Testing" to "Pre-Production" "Promote App" button is greyed out . As per my understanding we dont require cloud partner approval to move from "Testing" to "Pre-Production" stage.

Thanks in advance 

Hi @v-karkup

Is your issue solved?

If the issue has been solved, please adopt the solution to help others.

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

I hope we do not need special permissions for this. below is the reason for button greyed out. 

The version in Pre-production is actually published in template app. as this version is active, it did not allow a new version from "Testing" to "Pre-production"

Hi @v-karkup 

You will need to push the version in Pre-production to "production" and then you will be able to promote from test to pre-production. 

Hi @v-karkup

You need to contact your Power BI admin to grant you permissions for template app development in the admin portal.

Please check.

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors