Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

fmilidoni
Frequent Visitor

powerbi service refresh failed to modify the connection string due to "%s"

Hello,

during the refresh phase I receive the error 'Failed to modify the connection string due to %s, has it ever happened to you? the source is SQL Server, on the same source I have other datasets that update without problems.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fmilidoni ,

Have you used fuzzy queries in the sql query defined in the source?( like "select a,b from table where table.a like '%s%'" )
You could check if sql query works properly.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fmilidoni ,

Have you used fuzzy queries in the sql query defined in the source?( like "select a,b from table where table.a like '%s%'" )
You could check if sql query works properly.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi ,

I am using AWS Redshift as a databource as ODBC connection. I am getting same error while configuing Incremental Refresh. I have created RangeStart and RangeEnd Parameters as datetime column. In the dataset I added the filter to use the start and end parametrs. I have enabled incremental refresh sucessfully on my desktop but after publishig to Power BI service, I am getting this error after waiting for 5 hours "Parameter substitution failed with following error: 'Failed to modify the connection string due to error "%s"'. " I don't have any fuzzy queries at all in the dataset. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors