Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WayneDwayne

power bi service missing "get data" button in lower left corner

Hi.

I've recently started to use Power BI Service with a new account. 

When I've used Power BI before, I've always been able to access data via a "Get Data" icon in the bottom left corner. 

WayneDwayne_0-1674212837724.png

I've also tried to get to data via "Create +" / "try these options". This only shows the options below.

WayneDwayne_1-1674212931120.png

I'm expected to get to the screen that shows Discover content via "My organisation" or "Services", and create new content via "files" and "databases". Oddly, or could reach this screen via "Create +" / "try these options" earlier, but am now unable to do so. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WayneDwayne ,

This is because Microsoft remove the older "Get Data page" in the Power BI service.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1674464489367.png

For more details, you can read related document: Power BI December 2022 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BIPower BI November 2022 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WayneDwayne ,

This is because Microsoft remove the older "Get Data page" in the Power BI service.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1674464489367.png

For more details, you can read related document: Power BI December 2022 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BIPower BI November 2022 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Could you please help me with the above query? For me, the upload option is also missing! It is impossible to get data from any source The only available option is to paste it manually 😞

Thank you. This makes sense. 

WayneDwayne

Hi Pratyasha. 

Thanks for the reply. The Licence type is Pro. How can I check or edit the access?

Just to add, - I'm acccessing Power BI through a new acount created under onmicrosoft as I just left my company.

thanks

Hi @WayneDwayne ,
Is it a trial account ?
Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Pratyasha.

I created a ‎Microsoft 365 E5 Developer account for the access.

thanks

Hi @WayneDwayne ,
You can also go to your workspace into which you want to add files, you’ll see an Upload drop-down menu then click on  New button.
Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

thanks for the suggestions. I can see the the +New and Upload buttons in the workspace, and the options below. 

WayneDwayne_0-1674215515196.png

I want to access the options shown below, such as "services. This is the screen that I'm unable to reach (screenshot below taken from a recording).

WayneDwayne_1-1674215726180.png

thanks

Hi @WayneDwayne ,
I am not sure why Get data is not visible for you . You have the correct setup and there should be Get data button in navigation bar .
This is workaround that i suggested . 
You can raise this issue with Power Bi support once .
Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

ok. thanks for the help.

pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @WayneDwayne ,
Can you please which license type you have and what access has been granted for you ?
Thanks ,
Pratyasha

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors