Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JohnKNis
Frequent Visitor

power BI scroll bars depend on screen?

I have a report that have 4 matrix visualisations on it. If I open a browser on my monitor screen (1920 X 1080), then open the report there are no scroll bars on any of the matrix visualisations. However, if I open a browser on my laptop screen (1920 X 1080), then open the report there are scroll bars on some of the matrix visualisations. How and why?
It doesn’t matter which browser I use (I’ve tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge) it’s the same, scroll bars only on the laptop screen. The screen resolutions are the same (1920 x 1080); it’s the same machine, a laptop with an external monitor. If I drag the browser from the monitor screen to the laptop screen there are no scroll bars, the scroll bars are not needed to make the data fit, but if I refresh the browser, they come back. I have tried it on different laptops with different external monitors and the same things happens.
How can I get power BI to not add scroll bars to the matrix visualisations, they are obviously not needed as it will display all them without scroll bars?

I’ve attached screen shots from the monitor screen and the laptop screen so you can see the issue 

monitor screen.jpglaptop screen.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
asifnazar

It is most probable due to the scaling of your device. While I tested in my laptop if I set the display settings to Scale: 125% and 1920X1080, the visuals are showing okay. But if I change the scale to 100% the scroll bar is appearingScreenshot 2024-04-19 141055.png

akhilduvvuru
Helper III
Helper III

Hey @JohnKNis - Did you find any workaround/trick/hack/solution for this scroll issue? I'm also facing the same with table visual in my report.

@akhilduvvuru Nothing yet, other than telling people its their screen, its a real failure from Microsoft

Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

yo, i got a hack, just make sure the height of the visual is slightly higher than needed, and the scroll bar will not appear. Try it out.

What i notice is the rendering of the visuals on Power BI service is slightly inconsistent, e.g if you set your visual with the size 100 x 100, sometimes it renders it at 99 x 101, or visuals are not aligned anymore in Power BI service.

Thanks for your reply, good to know its not just me. 

I have tried your hack but how much bigger you need to make the visual is guess work. I have to make the visual a bit bigger, publish it, then view it on the differnt laptop screen we have, all with the same resolution, as it wil be scroll bar free on some, but will have scroll bars on others. I then have to repeat untill its scroll bar free on all screens, and some screens will have space around the visuals and some won't.

This looks like a bug in the rendering of reports to me, shame I cant change this to a bug report. The layout you have set up is not used by the Power BI service, it just uses it as an guide. With the Power BI service working like this I cant use it for public facing reports as I dont know what they are going to see, and I'm not sure internal users will like it much either

and its not just tables/matrix, same bug on text boxes and some other visuals too. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors