Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ardio
Helper I
Helper I

get a notification on the same Power BI (Pro version) report page (not an email notification)

Imagin we have a Power BI report that an end user uses and when the data source modifies it refreshes a PBI dataset using an automatic flow. As we use PBI Pro version we have a 8 time limit per 24 hrs but we want to set up a notification on the same rpoert page for any user (not PBI DS owner) like a card visual that alerts him when the 8 times limit reached per cycle. Again, I reiterate it that we dont want a TEMAS / EMAIL or anyother instruments to get notification because the end user (not DS owner) must instantly notified on the same report page when the maximum no. of refreshes reached.

I would appreciate your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ardio
Helper I
Helper I

What we ended up finally:

CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('tablename'),KEEPFILTERS([last update time]==TODAY()))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ardio
Helper I
Helper I

What we ended up finally:

CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('tablename'),KEEPFILTERS([last update time]==TODAY()))

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

There is no functionality at the moment that would allow you to do this. But what is the use case, why do you need this on the report itself vs a message of some sort? This is not an ask that I've seen before.

Thank you @d_gosbell  for the reply,

In fact we have designed a Power apps visual to trigger modification on a sharePoint list. Now we need to show to the user on the same report (same visual page) how many times the SharePoint list(or PBI dataset as a result) have changes!? 

Two reason for not using other methods of Push notifications to the user email address:

1. it will be used not by one or specific number of end users (it should work like a stand alone report)

2. the users dont want to receive notifications elsewhere(not as an email or TEAMS msg)

I would really appreciate it if you can share your great ideas!

As I mentioned there is no functionality which could display an alert on the page if the 8 refresh limit has been hit. You could maybe put the last refreshed datetime on your report so the user could see that it was not up to date, but they would not know why.

Otherwise you could look at using a premium capacity or PPU licenses instead of using Pro. Then you don't have the 8 refresh limit.

Or you could try using and endpoint like Azure SQL instead of a sharepoint list and then you could build your model in Direct Query mode so that it always queries the latest data and you don't need to refresh at all.

Thanks!

Direct query is not possible on SP unfortunately!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors