Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jadulay
Frequent Visitor

app.powerbi.com "This page isn't working" browser error

I had a user getting an HTTP 500 error with the message "This page isn't working" when accessing app.powerbi.com.  I worked with him to clear his app.powerbi.com cookies to get the app working again.  It happened again two days later.  What is or could be the underlying cause of this issue?  And how do I resolve long term? 

5 REPLIES 5
rss_1971

I'm having same issue. Cache is cleared, restarted browser multiple times. Get different but same basic issue in Edge. In Edge PoewrBi opens but I get a "Sorry, we couldn't find that report" error. I am able to view the PowerBI report in both Chrome & Edge in Incognito/Private mode only. 

Hey @rss_1971 ,

If you have to use private/incognito then that pretty much proves it is a setting in the normal browser.  Most likely (but not necessarily only) is the settings related to browser extensions and browser add-ons.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @jadulay ,

I doubt that a report itself could be causing the issue.  I think this is something non-Power BI related.  But, the best way to confirm that would be to open a ticket with Microsoft about the issue and be able to test with them and they can help you determine if this is Power BI or network or browser.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @jadulay ,

Have you tried in other browsers and/or in private mode?  I have been told too that you have to clear the cache.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Do you mean consistently? No.  This has only happened to one user twice so far.  There may have been another instance recently.  I'm more interested in finding the underlying cause so i can address long-term vs. a short-term work around.  There clearly is some sort of state management issue.  I'm wondering if a report can corrupt a session?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors