Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Citisens22

Workspace access

Hi! 

I have an account x that only a dashboard should have been shared too, but that now has access to a full (different) workspace. When I go onto the main account to change who has access to the workspace in question, account x is not among them. Does anyone know how this might have happened and how to change this?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Citisens22 ,
It's really weird that account has access to workspace but not a specific report/dashboard. 
Power BI workspaces do not provide the functionality of hiding specific reports/dashboards for specific users.

You can perform the following:

1. Try accessing the workspace in incognito browser mode

2. Check if any AD Group has been provided access to the workspace and check if that user account is present in AD group

3. This seems like a bug too, hence raise a support ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Citisens22 ,
What do you mean when you say "but that now has access to a full (different) workspace" ?

I haven't completely understood the scenario but it is possible that only the report is shared via shareable link and hence user will have access to report but won't appear in workspace access accounts.

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

LinkedIn

To clarify: the account has access to a workspace apart from the dashboard that has been shared to it (it shouldn't). When I go into the workspace and click "Access", the account is not there. I am the workspace admin and I am trying to remove his access to the workspace but couldn't because I don't see it. 

@Citisens22 ,
It's really weird that account has access to workspace but not a specific report/dashboard. 
Power BI workspaces do not provide the functionality of hiding specific reports/dashboards for specific users.

You can perform the following:

1. Try accessing the workspace in incognito browser mode

2. Check if any AD Group has been provided access to the workspace and check if that user account is present in AD group

3. This seems like a bug too, hence raise a support ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors