Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

omarmohessam
Frequent Visitor

Visual Icon headers -to export data- not showing

Hi All

My report readers today confirmed that they are unable to exctract any reports, when i checked the report myself from reading view it doesn't show the header icons, but in edit mode it is shown (made sure header icons turned on from formatting options)

i haven't done any modifications on the report for a while, only thing recent is adjusting some settings 

omarmohessam_0-1705737316065.png

omarmohessam_2-1705738263102.png

and as you can see nothing in the report options suggests that exporting is cancelled,was working fine with reader yesterday then today issue happened.

appreciate your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for replying..I tried this but it didn't work, unfortunately.

the good news is i got the solution- after raising a ticket & spending 5 days with microsoft support,but that's besides the point-  that there was an option inside power bi report settings on desktop that was turned on by itself for some reason to hide the visual headers for readers

Visual Headers Error Fix.pngI turned that off and published and it worked 👍

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @omarmohessam 

I have seen this happening randomly What I would suggest doing is to disable the header icons and reenable the header icons again and see if that works.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you for replying..I tried this but it didn't work, unfortunately.

the good news is i got the solution- after raising a ticket & spending 5 days with microsoft support,but that's besides the point-  that there was an option inside power bi report settings on desktop that was turned on by itself for some reason to hide the visual headers for readers

Visual Headers Error Fix.pngI turned that off and published and it worked 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors