Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DragonCIC
Frequent Visitor

Using Power BI Page to Link to Two Different Power BI Pages

I would like to have a Power BI page that can link to two different Power BI Reports.  Is 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DragonCIC ,

If you would like to navigate between different reports(Report pages are in different reports), you may try this solution.

1 Create a report page used to navigate users and insert two buttons on it

vcazhengmsft_0-1646893290814.png

2 Set the Action Type of these buttons as Web URL

vcazhengmsft_1-1646893290817.png

3 Get link of the reports and use them as the Web URL value of the buttons on navigator report page

vcazhengmsft_2-1646893290817.png

4 Similarly, add a Back button on Report A or Report B, then take the link of the navigator report as the Web URL value of it

Then, click on these buttons will bring report users to related reports. It’s important that you need make sure report users will have access permission to target reports.

If you would like to navigate between different report page(Pages are in the same report), you may consider Page Navigator feature. For more details about Page Navigator, you could refer to Create page and bookmark navigators - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DragonCIC ,

If you would like to navigate between different reports(Report pages are in different reports), you may try this solution.

1 Create a report page used to navigate users and insert two buttons on it

vcazhengmsft_0-1646893290814.png

2 Set the Action Type of these buttons as Web URL

vcazhengmsft_1-1646893290817.png

3 Get link of the reports and use them as the Web URL value of the buttons on navigator report page

vcazhengmsft_2-1646893290817.png

4 Similarly, add a Back button on Report A or Report B, then take the link of the navigator report as the Web URL value of it

Then, click on these buttons will bring report users to related reports. It’s important that you need make sure report users will have access permission to target reports.

If you would like to navigate between different report page(Pages are in the same report), you may consider Page Navigator feature. For more details about Page Navigator, you could refer to Create page and bookmark navigators - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

DragonCIC
Frequent Visitor

My initial request got cut off for some reason.  I have two reports: 1) Overseas to US and US to Overseas.  Both reports show sample sizes for various questions answered for our databases for each.  What I would really like to be able to do is have a publicly accessible landing/start page that the user can pick one or the other report to view, and then be able to return (or click back) to the landing/start page and be able to select the other report.  No data is being passed from the landing/start page to the reporting page(s).  I looked at cross report filtering, but that seems to only work from a summary datapoint to a more detailed report and you can only have one report you can link to.  If that cannot be done at the current time with Power BI so be it.  Thanks!

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

Need more information. In case if you are looking something like Landing Page for Power BI App where you can add links to different reports.

Check here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwvmYsmyid8

Thanks

Hari

The app design is for internal users or individuals that I grant access to, yes?  Here is a little more information on what I am trying to do... I have two reports: 1) Overseas Visitors to the US and 2) US to Overseas.  I would like a single starting point that looks like what you have done but is accessible by the public when a link is clicked on at my client's site.  I had thought about using a cross report setup but as far as I can see you can only link two reports together.  If it cannot be done at this point with cross report filtering or using the method you outlined in your You Tube video I will just have to let my client know that.

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @DragonCIC 

Can you share more information about your issue.

Ex:- Page and report name, other report names

I have two Power BI reports:  1) Overseas to US and 2) US to Overseas.  These reports display sample sizes based on the years selected within each.  There is no crossover between the reports.  I would like to have a starting point/landing page where a public user can select one or the other report view the report, and have a method to return to the landing page in case they want to look at the other report.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors