Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

motoray
Helper V
Helper V

Users redirected to login screen from report link

We're on Power BI Premium. I have a report pubished in a Premium workspace. I've granted Viewer access to the report. Whenever someone uses a link to the report (from the Share button in Power BI), they're directed to a Sign In page. If they click the Sign In  button, they're forwarded on to the report. This behavior happens in IE and Edge (Chromium-based) but not in Chrome.

How do I get it to save credentials? People are get stuck at the Sign In page. Does it have anything to do with Trusted Sites?

signin.png

8 REPLIES 8
brandsieh
Regular Visitor

Pinging this board to say my org is having the same issue. 

We're trying to include hyperlinks in Excel and Word files that will direct the user to specific PowerBI reports , but clicking the links redirects to the PowerBI sign in page. When the user signs in, they're redirected to their PowerBI home page, not the report the link was for. We've tested this using both the "Share-Copy Link" hyperlink and the hyperlink from the browser address bar. 

We've found a workaround by linking to the workspace containing the report, which works as intended without the sign-in redirect, but that partially defeats the purpose the documents we're creating.

Does Microsoft have any plans to address this issue?

JonPBNES
Helper I
Helper I

This is becoming a persistent issue for our organisation as we have a mixture of devices, some of which do not maintain persistent logins to the service. The prompt for 'start free' being more explict on the page than the small 'sign in' prompt in the top right hand corner is causing confusion for less-frequent users. 

It would be helpful to get this addressed, or hear if anyone else has cracked it. 

It's funny--this eventually just went away for us. Not sure what changed or why.

rsant
Frequent Visitor

This is still an issue for us as well. Does anyone know a workaround? Thanks.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @motoray,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at the following link about to save sign-in status on IE browsers if it meets to your requirement:

Sign in to Power BI service 

Regards

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

If I only it were that simple. When they click the Sign In button, they're taken straight through to Power BI. There's never a chance to enter a password or check a box to remember a password.

I've done more testing, though, and if they use a link that take them to the tenant home page (like this:  https://app.powerbi.com/home?tenant=1c153348-15ef-4708-aebf-XXXXXXXXXXXX ) in Power BI, they get straight through--no need to click a Sign In button first.

Also tried doing a forced sign out. Was able to get the prompt as shown in the instructions, but after signing in again, the same behavior is experienced. This is in Chromium-based Edge or IE11--which unfortunately must be the default browser in our organization. Works fine in Google Chrome.

Hi @motoray,

Currently, you can't do custom on these sign-in verification steps.
If your operations only blocked on specific web browsers, you can consider contacting power bi team to report web browser quick sign-in compatibility issues.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

The problem is the Sign In page is a custom (for Power BI), non-standard Office 365 sign in page. There are buttons on the page to Buy Power BI and create accounts. My users are licensed already so they get confused when they're suddenly presented with a bunch of options that make it seem like they're somewhere they shouldn't be. We've trained them on the "real" Office 365 Sign In experience, so they just stop and submit a ticket or email/chat me up. Even the more tech-savvy users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors