Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mlemmers
Helper I
Helper I

Usage metrics dataset get report opens in desktop

Hi,

To keep track of the usage of the reports in service I put the dataset generated by the new usage report in PBI Desktop.

The viewscount in the dataset seems to refer to the report page views (compared it against the new usage report in Desktop). However, I don't see a metric for the report opens, like the report in service gives. 

I'm now kind of stuck on how to get to the unique landings. The documentation doesn't give me a clear answer to how to calculate it in Desktop. Can anyone who has tried to recreate the service usage metrics report in Desktop enlighten me?

P.S. before someone asks: I'm not adding a dataset because of confidental data but anyone with service can download their own usage metrics themselves 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mlemmers,

Please make sure you are connecting to the “Report Usage Metrics Model” dataset but not Usage Metrics Report. Only with this dataset, you could find the viewscont fields. ViewsCount records the times of the report page viewed by users.

vcazhengmsft_0-1660789047765.png

vcazhengmsft_1-1660789047768.png

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mlemmers,

Please make sure you are connecting to the “Report Usage Metrics Model” dataset but not Usage Metrics Report. Only with this dataset, you could find the viewscont fields. ViewsCount records the times of the report page viewed by users.

vcazhengmsft_0-1660789047765.png

vcazhengmsft_1-1660789047768.png

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,    

When I drop ReportsCount total into a table it will give me the same number for every DisplayName

@Mlemmers 

That’s because ReportsCount Total is in a separate table and only one tenant id and a count for all the tenant report in this table. But for the entire dataset, it contains data from the same tenanted. Therefore, no granularity can be used to drill through this total.

vcazhengmsft_0-1661157337457.png

vcazhengmsft_1-1661157337459.png

Best Regards,    

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors