Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davidsimm10
Frequent Visitor

Usage metrics blank

The following screen is blank... https://app.powerbi.com/admin-portal/usageMetrics

Has anyone any ideas?

Thank you...

10 REPLIES 10
KXKelkar
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue.  I am a service admin in Power BI service and I still it as blanks.  I checked and confirmed Usage settings are enabled for the entire organization.  Has there been any update on this issue?   

Are you still getting blank visuals in the admin portal for the usage metrics? I have been checking this since Monday (AEST) and still nothing. If you could let me know if it is now working for you that would be great.

Cheers

bond
Frequent Visitor

Mine is the same, I have checked the settings and it is enabled.

davidsimm10
Frequent Visitor

Hi Rico, I think I have passed all 4 prerequisites. I can open, admin portal - usage metrics and can see the boxes. They are just all blank.

Hi @davidsimm10 

I found an issue may be same like yours : Usage metric are blank

If this reply still couldn't help you solve your problem, please show me a screenshot of your issue.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

BlankUsageMetrics.jpg

I am the Power BI admin for our company, and I am getting the same blank metrics.
1. I have permissions to all workspaces.

2. I have a PPU license, and everyone else in the org has a pro license.

3. The feature is turned on.

4. Does this mean that I have to look at the usage of all reports in all workspaces before it will show up in the admin portal?

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davidsimm10 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davidsimm10 

Usage metrics in admin portal let you monitor Power BI usage for your organization. It also shows which users and groups in your organization are the most active in Power BI.

You have to be a global admin or Power BI service admin to access the Power BI admin portal. 

Or you can see the use of your reports or dashboards in your worksapce( You need to enable this permission in tenant setting by admins in admin portal)

Here are some blogs that may help you learn more about usage metrics.

Blog1: Usage metrics

Blog2: Monitor usage metrics in the new workspace experience (preview)

Blog3: Monitor usage metrics for Power BI dashboards and reports

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davidsimm10 

Following are the consideration while generating a usage metric report-

1. You can only see usage metrics for content you own or have permissions to edit.

2. Usage metrics is a Power BI Pro feature.

3. Admins can turn off this feature for their organization. Contact your admin to see if this is the case.

4. You need to view the content in your workspace, from within that workspace, at least once. If there are no views of the content from the workspace itself at least once, data isn't correlated from the application views in the Usage Metrics Report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors