Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

alevandenes
Helper IV
Helper IV

Usage Metrics report not refreshing

Hi community,

i have a problem with some of my Usage reports datasets. They do not refresh. The message is: 

alevandenes_0-1660644516745.png

i dont understand what to do now, cause i did not change anything in the Table: Report rank as it is created by PowerBI. 

I cannot delete it either. suggestion on how to get this to refresh again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alevandenes ,

You can try to delete the existing Usage Metrics Report dataset . Then you can run View Usage Metrics again to generate a new dataset with its associated usage metrics reports.

Here is the steps:

1. Open the workspace that contains the report for which you want to reset the Usage Metrics Report dataset.

2. In the black header bar at the top, select the Settings icon, then select Settings.

3. Switch to the Datasets tab, and select the Usage Metrics Report dataset.
  4. Copy the workspace and dataset IDs from the URL displayed in the address bar of your browser.
  5. In your browser, go to Datasets - Delete Dataset In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs. You can use this API to delete the dataset. You can use Postman or other API tools to make an API call on this endpoint to delete the dataset.

For more details, please refer to:

Monitor usage metrics in workspaces (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Besides, here are some similar threads that may helps you:

Solved: error when processing the data in the dataset. - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: There was an error when processing the data in the... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alevandenes ,

You can try to delete the existing Usage Metrics Report dataset . Then you can run View Usage Metrics again to generate a new dataset with its associated usage metrics reports.

Here is the steps:

1. Open the workspace that contains the report for which you want to reset the Usage Metrics Report dataset.

2. In the black header bar at the top, select the Settings icon, then select Settings.

3. Switch to the Datasets tab, and select the Usage Metrics Report dataset.
  4. Copy the workspace and dataset IDs from the URL displayed in the address bar of your browser.
  5. In your browser, go to Datasets - Delete Dataset In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs. You can use this API to delete the dataset. You can use Postman or other API tools to make an API call on this endpoint to delete the dataset.

For more details, please refer to:

Monitor usage metrics in workspaces (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Besides, here are some similar threads that may helps you:

Solved: error when processing the data in the dataset. - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: There was an error when processing the data in the... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors