Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mike_CH
Frequent Visitor

Usage Metrics Report / Refresh and dataset troubles

Dear Community,

I have a workspace with several reports and datasets. Until sept 22 the usage metrics report worked and was updated regularly. Since september the refresh is not working anymore. I've tried several things. According to this article - Solved: Usage metrics report not updating - Microsoft Power BI Community - I ve tried to delete and set up the dataset new.

Learning: The dataset is already deleted. If I go on Setttings and Datasets - there is no dataset anymore.

Then I've tried according to this article here - Monitor usage metrics in workspaces (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn - Troubleshoot refresh issues in usage metrics reports.

Learning: I've created a new Usage Metrics Report over the three points on the right side of a report (in the workspace overview). So, the report was getting loaded but still with outdated dates. With this in my mind, I've digged deeper and tried to show the destiny of my data over the function in the header and surprise surprise, a message appeared that the dataset couldn't be found. Below smaller Microsoft write that the dataset was deleted or I don't have the rights to look the dataset. Here to add, I have administrator rights.

To be honest, don't know what to do as a next step to get again an updated usage metrics report. Can anyone help?

Thanks already in advance for any hints.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors