Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sebastianriemer
Advocate I
Advocate I

Updating an empty workspace from existing git from another workspace fails

Unable to sync git repo in new workspace fails on data pipeline.PNG

Afterwards, the workspace remains in state "Partially synced".

Why is this error happening? How can I resolve it?

2 REPLIES 2
Shivu-2000
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @sebastianriemer,

The error "Git invalid response from workload" you're encountering when updating an empty workspace from an existing Git repository in Power BI Service points to a potential issue with the synchronization process. Here are some reasons why this might be happening:

1. Git Integration Issues: There might be a temporary glitch with the Git integration within Power BI Service.

2. Authorization Issues: The empty workspace might not have the necessary permissions to access the Git repository.

3. Corrupted Git Metadata: The existing Git repository might have corrupted metadata causing Power BI Service to struggle with syncing.

4. Large Repository Size: If the Git repository is very large, the initial sync process might be taking longer than expected.

If you find this insightful, please provide a Kudo and accept this as a solution.

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate it!

Ad

1. Git Integration Issues: There might be a temporary glitch with the Git integration within Power BI Service.

• If that is the case, I suppose I have no way to know for sure, nor do I have any means to address that problem from my side - right?
  2. Authorization Issues: The empty workspace might not have the necessary permissions to access the Git repository.

• I doubt that could be a possible error source; most of the other sources stored in the git repository were created successfully (PBI reports, semantic models, warehouses, lakehouses, notebooks)
  3. Corrupted Git Metadata: The existing Git repository might have corrupted metadata causing Power BI Service to struggle with syncing.

• Well, I can assure that I did not mess or manipulate any of the stored sources in the git repository, other than using the built-in interactions from Microsoft Fabric itself, to first, store the contents in the git repository, and now, second access them to populate the new workspace; so if there is some corrupted git metadata, the origin for that would be somewhere to find within Microsoft Fabric itself
  4. Large Repository Size: If the Git repository is very large, the initial sync process might be taking longer than expected.

• Hmm, in that case I would hope for a much better error message; second the repository is not very large (about 20 different items in total); and third, the issue is not the time it took to initially sync the repository but that it (partially) failed to do so

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors