Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sinky22
Regular Visitor

UPDATED ** New Slicer image url working in table but not adding to new slicer image properties field

I am trying to add an image to the (new) slicer button, but the image URL field will not add to the image properties field.

The JPG image renders with no issues in a table. 

I have followed all instruction on MS tutorial pages and various youtube tutorials

Updated - I have since tried the same table in a brand new dashboard with a single data source 'ImagesURLSource' and the Slicer works as it should. So the question now is can the new slicer function be used in an existing dashboard or only new ones? 

6 REPLIES 6
MR-Ryan
Frequent Visitor

Im having the same issue with both the new slicer and new card visuals.. its driving me nuts! Has anyone figured out a fix besides starting from scratch? Thanks 

Hi, I haven't founed a solution and suspect it's a bug.

The only option for me was to bring in the original scematic to a new dashboard and then connect the Images table. I was able to copy and paste the original visuals over (saving time) and set up with the new slicer filter. Thankfully the new slicer function reduced the number of pages I needed so not to much work when transfering things across. 

I wasn't able to create a ticket with MS but hopefully they are aware of the Bug and it's fixed in a new version. Fingers cross. 

the NEW slicer has great potential and looking forward to new additions coming over the new 12 months.  

Thank you for the follow up! I'm going to do the same then.. it's worth the extra work as the new visual is so much better than the old. I don't have the ability on my end to create a ticket unfortunately either. 

v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sinky22 ,

There is no such limitation, please check if there are other filters in the dashboard that conflict with this slicer or if the data source is configured correctly, if neither, try to recreate the slicer.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-tianyich-msft 

In general the dashboard has other filters.

for testing purposes and independant of the existing data tables I brought in a url table (with two additional description fields) and no relationships with any other table. I then created a new page with no filters at all and added the (New) Slicer, I can add the first description but it won't allow me to add the sub heading and image URL even though the fields are available. 

On that same page if I add a table and the three fields from the same URL table they all display as they should. 

To test the issue I then created a New dashboard and repeated the import table process and then add the (New) slicer with the three fields, everything works as it should.

My worry is that I can't utilise the (new) slicer functionality in existing dashboards even when it's used in a new page. 

hope this explains things better.  

Hi @Sinky22 ,

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Scott Chang

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors