Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

hansei
Helper V
Helper V

Timeout without Reason

I have a dataset that reads from 2 dataflows, and 5 excel files. In the desktop app, the file is just over 1MB, takes around 3 minutes to refresh, and less than a minute to publish to the service.

However, refreshing the dataset in the service times out after 2 hours with no error messages. I assume the reason it is failing in the service has nothing to do with data import, but have no real clues. Any tips on how to debug this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @hansei 

The 5 Excel files where are they? in your machine? are they in the same place where the Dataflows connects to the source?

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

hi @aj1973 , the Excel files are all in SharePoint, connected via Web.Contents.
I forgot about one other connection - a USPS page via Web.BrowserContents, but it was just for my reference, and the query was not referenced or load-enabled. Removing that query got the refresh time down to 1hr53min, which still seems ludicrous though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.