Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Tiles not loading in Group dashboards for members

I'm finding that when I add a user as a member (not Admin) to a dashboard in a group, any tile on the dashboard that links back to an on-premise data source (SSAS Tabular cube), the tile sits with a message saying "Loading...."

The only way I have found to get this working is to make the user Admin in the PowerBI group, get them to refresh the dashboard and then change the user back to be a "member".

Tiles on the same dashboard that aren't from the onpremise cube work fine.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

2 REPLIES 2
RichardtS

@Phil_Seamark wrote:

I'm finding that when I add a user as a member (not Admin) to a dashboard in a group, any tile on the dashboard that links back to an on-premise data source (SSAS Tabular cube), the tile sits with a message saying "Loading...."

The only way I have found to get this working is to make the user Admin in the PowerBI group, get them to refresh the dashboard and then change the user back to be a "member".

Tiles on the same dashboard that aren't from the onpremise cube work fine.

I have run into the exact same issue that you describe in your first sentence.

Any new answer on this?

I have been using the exact same workaround at a client site. We noticed the issue during a PBI implementation a few weeks ago, and it has also been posted on this thread: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Group-Workspaces-dashboards-not-updating/m-p/10501#M4135

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors