Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DemoFour
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Tenant Settings not working

Hay peeps, 

I have set up an AD group to allow some of my CoP users to publish apps, but when I add the group into the tenant setting, I click save and it gives me the this takes 15 mins message, but when I refresh the page, the group is removed from the setting. 

Any ideas why this is and who I need to speak to to get a resolve. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-yueyunzh-msft 

Thank you for posting up the response, that is all very useful information. 

I logged a ticket with MS support and whilst the resolve was that eventually it worked, I was advised that there is a lot of back end work with releasing Fabric into all environments, there there are some anomalies at present with functionality as this is rolled out. 

Thank you for your support and post, have a good day. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @DemoFour 

According to your problem description, I think that modifying options in tenant settings or adding users/groups are all simple additions, deletions, changes, and queries on the web-side API operations, because the Power BI service is also an Internet-based public website portal, if At that time, the operation of adding a group was unsuccessful. If there is no error, you can first try to add a "Security group" and check whether it can be directly successful, because based on my research, "Security group" is the most recommended tenant setting Group type for permission control in:

About tenant settings - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If the problem still occurs, it should be that your local computer network environment fluctuated at that time. If it is convenient for you, you can try to add it again, and refresh the page directly after clicking "Save". If the addition is still not successful, you You can consider pressing "F12" to grab and check whether the API operation of adding the group in the tenant settings is successfully completed. If an error occurs, what is the specific error, whether there is a request ID, and if so, you can provide it to us from the background further query in the log.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

@v-yueyunzh-msft 

Thank you for posting up the response, that is all very useful information. 

I logged a ticket with MS support and whilst the resolve was that eventually it worked, I was advised that there is a lot of back end work with releasing Fabric into all environments, there there are some anomalies at present with functionality as this is rolled out. 

Thank you for your support and post, have a good day. 

Hi, @DemoFour 

Glad for your reply! And in your description, you solved your problem, you can mark your answer as mark, it will lead others with the same problem to find the right path.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors