Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kfpalma

Slicer item tool tip on hover not working in PBI Cloud

When I hover over an item in a slicer drop down in PBI desktop it will pop up a tool tip of the full name. This is especially helpful for items that are longer and will show "this is my it..." in the slicer to see the full text of what you are selecting. Now, when I publish to PBI cloud workspace the tool tip does not pop up on hover so I cannot see the full text of the item where it is getting truncated in the items drop down list.

I checked the settings of the slicer to see if this is now a specific option that has to be set to show the item tool tip, but cannot find anything, something I am missing? Or is this feature not available when publish to Cloud?

Thanks,

KP 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kfpalma ,

This issue has been submitted internally. Internal ICM ID: 274694506 Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kfpalma ,

This issue has been submitted internally. Internal ICM ID: 274694506 Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the prompt attention to the issue!

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @kfpalma ,
What is interesting is that tool tip works whether or not the full title is available.  And it seems to work floating over any other item including the title of the slicer, but not the slicer items.  So maybe a Microsoft programmer left it off in the code.  The only thing that I could suggest is to maybe download another type of slicer, and see if that works.  Try a chiclets...
Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors