Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer dropdown menu appears offset in Service environment

Morning, I am facing this very odd issue with slicers. In PBI Desktop, the slicer dropdown menu appears normally. However, if I want to pick items from dropdown in the published report the list of items appears offset from the slicer itself. please see attached image: 

kevindmonte_0-1631004971114.png

And if I view the published report in full screen mode, the dropdown menu simply disappears (possibly offsetting extreme right, out of bounds of the screen). 

Has anyone encountered similar issue and if yes, what was the fix? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

This is a known issue (ICM#: 260227233). Power BI Product Team attach great importance and update on Power BI Support Page.

Root Cause:

This is a regression in the Chromium build, Bug# 1247858, and is impacting Edge and Chrome V93 web browsers.

Workaround:

A zoom setting of anything other than 100% forces the browser to behave normally again. 90% or 110% zoom works fine.

Please be patient and if there are any updates, I will post them here.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, just an update to say that it seems the issue has disappeared now. I tried using the slicers and the menu items in dropdown are appearing as normal. I tried various options under View menu (such as Fit to Width, Actual Size, Full screen etc) and the dropdown items always appeared under the slicer itself. 

kevindmonte_0-1631095745725.png

GlenBaptiste
Regular Visitor

I've also started experiencing the same issue today. I realised that this is affecting ALL the reports published in the workspace (some are 3-4 months old) not just the ones I've published today. I came here to see if this was a 'Power BI Service' issue, rather than a local one... 
Has anyone else checked their older reports to see if they are also affected?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GlenBaptiste just checked a report that hasn't been refreshed since Feb 2021 and same behaviour. I think something wrong with PBI Service environment? I am using Microsoft Edge by the way...

kevindmonte_0-1631031160080.png

Thanks @Anonymous! I'm also using Edge. I tested with Chrome and the issue persists. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue in Chrome! Changing the browser "Zoom" to anything that's not 100% fixes it, but I'm going to have to tell a lot of users! Hope they fix this.

martyngordon
Frequent Visitor

I'm also having this issue which is when using the Microsoft Edge & Chrome browsers. There is no issues however when using Microsoft Teams to view PBI reports.

There is a workaround which is to reduce the 'zoom' size of your browser to below 100% and slicers will be aligned as expected.

This is a workaround though and appears to be a global issues - looks like there has recently been a change...

Please fix Microsoft.

No kidding! Yeah, something has changed. Yet again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Rovisonn for the feedback. Here's what I tried so far..  I have set the page aspect to default 16:9 in PBI Desktop. I tried deleting the slicers and recreating again. Deleting published report and publishing it again, tried changing alignment of Page to "Middle" then publishing to workspace, and again changing it back to "Top" and again pubishing. So far nothing has worked. The only option which seems to work but not ideal is using View- Actual Size in Power BI service. That howver doesn't work as then the report appears quite small.

kevindmonte_0-1631018319595.png

You shouldn't have to do any of this. Microsoft should be responsible for their software and they should fix it. Period. It's not up to us, the users, to scramble even more than it is already necessary (what with all the DAX weirdness) and make excuse for Microsoft.

Rovisonn
Frequent Visitor

I have exactly the same problem. Anything where the report uses the full width of the canvas the slicer seems to offset into nothing. Unfortunately I don't have a fix.. but at least you're not the only one with this issue.. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors