Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

SallyLim
Regular Visitor

Shared Link is searchable

The Power BI Shared Link to everyone (People in your organization) is searchable in M365. I understand the other type of files shared link to everyone is NOT searchable. Is this a bug or expected behavior when comes to Power BI shared link??

5 REPLIES 5
SallyLim
Regular Visitor

It is listed under Power BI in https://www.office.com/search/, even the user never access that report before. The same not happening to other folder/office files, it will list there only when user access the file before (example the content owner shared the Shared Link to the user before to access).

Ok. I don't think it's an issue creating a link that allow all people in your organization to read and it's available later to find it at office.com

It looks like it's the correct behaviour.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Is there anyway I could query all the reports that have shared link to everyone and get the report owners email address? So I could send a reminder to inform them about this behavior and they could make neccessary change as needed.

Thank you.

Sorry but you can't check all reports that are shared like that in a single view or API request.

You could just get datasets of workspaces with PowerBi Rest API
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/datasets/get-datasets-in-group

Then mail all owners to check and make sure to remove that.

I think that might be the way.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. What do you mean is "Searchable"? I'm pretty sure that the scenario is correct and it should work like that. Generate a link that let anyone in the organization access, make sense that people can find and open it. Otherwise one would pick an audience.

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept PBI Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors