Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

garnetblack
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled Refresh Not Running

I have a dataset that has been refreshing every 30 min for over a year with no isues, as of Friday at 12:06 PM they just stopped running, No Failures, On Demand workes fine, All cloud based Azure SQL Servers or annomous web credentials. I have republished the dataset and turn off schedule, waited 30 min then turned the schedule back on and it's still not working... 

10 REPLIES 10
SreePeri
Frequent Visitor

We are encountering similar issue for the past two days, our daily reports are not running at the scheduled time and are running at a later time without any manual intervention. Did anyone come across a solution for this?

Schedule refresh button is enabled, we use snowflake and the gateway is always on, credentials did not change.

Hi @SreePeri 

There are many factors which could affect this. I would recommend looking at the snowflake logs to see when it actually started refreshing?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @garnetblack 

What happens if you try and refresh the dataset via Power Automate?

Does that allow it to succeed?

Power BI Blog

So after a few hours on a call with the Microsoft Support team and going through all the steps already mentioned It has been determined the this was a PowerBI service issue related to the DatasetID.
My last refresh is at 10pm and last night a refresh started @ 11:43 pm and has continued on schedule as expected.

Yes, Refresh worked by using any method except the schedule.

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @garnetblack 

As Gilbert said, can you first confirm that the scheduled refresh button is still enabled, if not enable, there is already a problem with the connectivity of your saved credentials, and if you can enable, you can run another manually triggered data refresh and refresh to the dataset History expands the latest error detail that refreshes the error report and provides it to the response of this case.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Credintials / Data Source everything is good, No Refresh errors except for the one we purposly caused on a manual refresh.  Spent over an hour on with Microsoft support. Here are the steps we tried:
API Refresh and On Demand refresh worked perfectly.
Deleted all refresh times and logged out then back in and set a few times to refresh, Refresh Never Started.
Republished PBIX file and set refresh schedule... still won't start
Opened in desktop, cleared all credintials logged out and back in and re-entered credintials and published. schedule refresh still would not start. So we published to different workspace and schedule refresh works fine.
 someone posted the need to Delete the dataset and then publish back to the same workspace however I have at least 30 reports for outside clients that are directly connected to this dataset and I am pretty I would have to reconnect every report. It may be an option but not a solution.

Yes it is

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @garnetblack 

Can you confirm that the scheduled refresh button is still enabled?

GilbertQ_0-1673301271265.png

Power BI Blog

Good day, we have the same issue:

1) I create a scheduled refresh in the Report Server to run every 30 minutes, starting at 2am.
2) it runs only once a day : at 2 am 

3) on the MSSSQL server side I can see the corresponding SQL Agent job, and the schedule is missing 30 mins  interval . 

4) Report Server side does not have job execution logs , but MSSQL server has them.

5) If I modify the SQL Agent job to run every 30 mins - it runs as expected  ....
6) but I can not modify it vi Report Server , interval of 30 mins is not accepted. 

Thank you for yout help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors