Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vts

Scheduled Refresh Issue

I am using ODBC and web data source and also using Python for data transformations in Ppower BI. But I am unable to do schedule refresh once I publish the dashboard in Power BI service . schedule refresh is greyed out. Kindly guide me on how I can set schedule refresh for the dashboard with the above data sources and transformation used. 

8 REPLIES 8
vts

@GilbertQ  Did you get a chance to look at this or do you know anyone who can help me on this

Hi @vts 

Please find the link below where you can see the supported python packages in the Power BI Service.

Learn which Python packages are supported - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If it is not in the list it unfortunately will not work!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ I see the packages I installed are supported versions but I still face the same error which says no module named pandas

Hi @vts 

Could you make sure it is using the exact same name and version?

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @vts 

You will need to download and install the personal gateway. Once installed you will then be able to refresh.

Download On-premises data gateway (personal mode) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ : I installed the Gateway for Personal mode. and tried to update the credentials in power BI service. I face an error when edit credentials for Python. Although I have python in my local, Below is the error I am facing, Failed to update data source credentials: ADO.NET: Python script error. Traceback (most recent call last): File "PythonScriptWrapper.PY", line 2, in <module> import os, pandas, matplotlib ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pandas' Hide details

Activity ID:95139c13-3fdf-48b5-be11-fe3f11c55ee0
Request ID:d99b7dfb-2184-77a0-4e66-00e67376ecbc
Status code:400
Time:Wed May 17 2023 11:13:49 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
Service version:13.0.20675.84
Client version:2305.2.13839-train
Cluster URI:https://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Hi @vts 

It appears that the module is missing

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ : I have the package installed already, but it still shows the error. PFB the screenshot for your reference,

vts_0-1684385530740.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors