Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

achinm45
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Schedule refresh not working for web.contents based query (using CRM Online fetchXML)

"You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because one or more sources currently don't support refresh"

This is the message I get when I am trying to fetch data from CRM online using multiple queries .

I am using web as source and in it a  fetchxml command to pass on URI

And for every month of data, we have separate query to hit CRM online.

In power BI desktop it all works fine. However, when we try to refresh the data in Power BI online, it throws the error.

I have created queries I need in an excel sheet and have hard coded date ranges in those queries. I am then accessing those URI queries.

My queries are in format :  http:........./incidents?fetchxml =%3e............ <condition>2016-01-01<condition>2016-02-01>.....

Please do help us in providing useful pointers or solution for this

Thanks,

Achin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
achinm45
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Well after research and going through blogs , I found out the solution.

Chris has posted solution for similar problem and this is the link.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
achinm45
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Well after research and going through blogs , I found out the solution.

Chris has posted solution for similar problem and this is the link.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @achinm45,

In your scenario, please remove date range filter from the URL. And created a calculated column to

Column = IF(DimDate[FullDateAlternateKey]>DATEVALUE("2001/1/1") && DimDate[FullDateAlternateKey]< DATEVALUE("2003/2/1") ,true,false)

Then place this column in slicer to choose "true" value.  For more information, please refer to this similar thread: Scheduled Refresh Issue - Text.Combine - PowerBI Desktop PowerQuery (Advanced Editor) - OData.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for replying. However , Issue is in pulling the data . So I need these filters to extract data of relevant period. I have many queries for on same basis and they together pull out large chunk of data which a single query can't pull out.

achinm45
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Any pointers from you Mr  @meysun or someone from your team ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors