Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kartic21
Helper I
Helper I

SQL user defined function not executing on server via gateway

I am using SQL user defined function in the SQL query as a import mode. File is getting refreshed fine on PBI desktop however on PBI server it is failing stating SQL user defined function "The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object".  

Same gateway is  able refresh file wrt to tables in SQL used however with SQL user defined function it is failing.

Does gateway refresh dont support SQL user defined function or any permission issue might be there?

Thanks in advance for providing the inputs

3 REPLIES 3
Kartic21
Helper I
Helper I

@lbendlin 

I tried using the underlying query without UDF and it seems to work on  serevr . However with UDF included it seems to break and not getting refresh.

Does gateway powerbi refresh support SQL UDF ?

Kartic21
Helper I
Helper I

underlying query without UDF is executing good on the server .

However when UDF is included in the query it fails

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Check that the "owner" of the gateway connection (ie the credentials) has the necessary permissions on your SQL server.  Try running the underlying query instead of the UDF.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors