Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

Report updating issues

Hey guys!

I am trying to update a report that shows the I.T. Company per City. The data inside the report comes from an Excel online table, which is always updated with new information.

In this Excel table, i have the following columns: ID, City, Region, Company. I will give you an example with my own data:
308 -> City A -> Region A -> Company A
309 -> City B -> Region A -> Company A
310 -> City C -> Region A -> Company A
311 -> City D -> Region B -> Company A

I updated the report at this point and it's all ok. Therefore, i introduced two more Cities that aquired the services from Company A.

312 -> City E -> Region A -> Company A
313 -> City F -> Region B -> Company A

When I tried to updated my report i get the following error message: "A planned upgrade to disabled due to a form of data not available as credentials provided. Provide credentials for all data sources and restarts the update schedule."

It's clear that in my report, when I filter the Cities that uses services of Company A, City E and F does not shows up. What can I do to fix and update my report correctly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

This issue was solved when we worked with the Power BI Service and the Sharepoint folder directly. We didnt worked with the Power BI Desktop, just the service.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

This issue was solved when we worked with the Power BI Service and the Sharepoint folder directly. We didnt worked with the Power BI Desktop, just the service.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @brunozanoelo,

>> "A planned upgrade to disabled due to a form of data not available as credentials provided. Provide credentials for all data sources and restarts the update schedule."

According to error message, it seems like your credentials is invalid. Have you correct configuration your data source and credentials?

In addition, can you please provide more detail information to help us clarify your scenario?(datasource type, connection mode, screenshots, setting of scheduled refresh...)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-shex-msft,

I have never faced this problem according to my credentials so I guess it's all ok but just to make sure, where can I set this up?

In addition, here is my case:

My report export his data from this Excel Online Table:

ticket1.JPGHere it is: 

ticket2.jpg

You can filter all information by City or by Company. At this point it's all ok but, then I added two more cities.

ticket3.JPG

And now, when I try to refresh my table, I can't set a scheduled refresh (because it's enabled) and I get that credentials error.
The Excel table is located at my OneDrive folder.

Hi @brunozanoelo,

I also not sure why it appears, maybe you can try to follow notice message to update your datasource credentials.(at power bi service setting -> datasets)

It sounds like your credentials is expired or missing.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors