Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rogerdea
Helper IV
Helper IV

Report Builder - Display selected parameters on report page

Hello

Is it possible to show parameter selections on a report builder paginated report?  e.g.  I have a list of years and as users could be printing out the report, is would be important to know the parameters selected on the report itself.

Is this possible?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
bhenson
Regular Visitor

I know that this thread is old but I finally solved the issue.
=Parameters!YourParameterNameHere.Value(0)
Use that for if you only expect 1 value to be returned.

For the potential of multiple values being selected use
=Join(Parameters!YourParameterNameHere.Value,”, ”)
using .Label instead of .Value can result in awkward spacing between selected variables. You can test it out with your data.

The reason why this happens is because Parameters are Arrays. So if you want a particular value from the array then you need the .Value(value position). For the Join it will work through the entire array so you don't want to limit it to a particular value. Note that Arrays start at 0 not 1.

rogerdea
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thanks for the reply, I did as you suggested by entering =Parameters![DateTableYear].Value into a text box, but it's returning #error on the report.

My Parameter:

rogerdea_1-1673346088160.png

Any ideas why?  It correctly changes the text in the box to <<Expr>> so i know it's accepted the code.

Thanks

Use this instead---  replace "DateTableYear" with your parameter name and it'll display your chosen parameters in a text box, separated by commas.

=Join(Parameters!DateTableYear.Label, ", ")

Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

Yes. In the body of the report, add a text box. 

In the textbox, set the expression to =Parameters![NameOfYourParameter].Value

That should show the selected value of the parameter within the body of the report. 

Use this instead---  replace "DateTableYear" with your parameter name and it'll display your chosen parameters in a text box, separated by commas.

=Join(Parameters!DateTableYear.Label, ", ")

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors