Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Derk

Refresh for Mac Users when using APIs

Hi,

we make business software and allow our users to get data from our API. Most of them are Mac users. Is there a simple way to set up Power BI reports, publish them to one or several users and refresh them from the online Power BI service?

I understand there is something like report servers, I just couldn't figure out whether that is the simplest solution. Especially since our users work for different companies, so the solution should work for multiple Power BI accounts.

Thanks a lot for your help

Derk

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Microsoft Employee
Microsoft Employee

@Derk

In this scenario, you can publish your dataset into a Group. Then you can add other users as members within this Group. However, it requries all users' Power BI account within same organization. If your end users are in different organization, you may publish your report onto Power BI Service by some developers, then create dashboard and share to those end users: 

Share your Power BI dashboards with coworkers and others

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft

Thanks a lot, the sharing feature is great. However, my biggest issue is that the end users cannot refresh the data themselves, since they only use the Power BI Online Servcies which doenst allow refresh on API sources like ours. 

How would a solution look like that allows Mac users to refresh such data in the online sevice? 

Thanks gain,

Derk

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors