Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

amatulis
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh Failure - Datasources: CDS/Dataverse and local SQL Server

Hi Community -

I have a report that has historically been just data from a local SQL datasource, refreshing normally via enterprise gateway.

We recently got CRM Dynamics 365 and I have merged some data into the file using DataVerse/CommonDataService. 

The file refreshes normally via the desktop but now fails in the service (The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support).  

I have other reports that refresh using DataVerse just fine, though none that use multiple datasources like this one does, the other reports are just Dynamics-Only.

Relevant workflow info:  I imported 3 tables from Dynamics and then merged them into my SQL source table as I only needed a couple fields from them.  Is this my issue?  Can you not merge CDS data and local SQL data togther?  While I try to figure this out I have been manually refreshing the desktop PBIX file and then pushing it out to the service again so users can have fresh data. 

I also have enabled the checkbox on the gateway about allowing users' cloud sources to refresh with no luck. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amatulis
Helper I
Helper I

Fixed my own problem by doing a Save As and publshing a whole new Report with the same file.

Everything refreshes just fine now.

So I am assuming there was some kind of caching issue with my old report where the data sources were not updating with my changes.   Hopefully this info helps someone else.   Kind of a pain for users to have a new URL/re-add to favorites but better than refresh being broken. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amatulis
Helper I
Helper I

Fixed my own problem by doing a Save As and publshing a whole new Report with the same file.

Everything refreshes just fine now.

So I am assuming there was some kind of caching issue with my old report where the data sources were not updating with my changes.   Hopefully this info helps someone else.   Kind of a pain for users to have a new URL/re-add to favorites but better than refresh being broken. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors