Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bo_afk
Post Patron
Post Patron

Published report displays different date format

I have a Power BI report on my dekstop with a card visual displaying the date. The date format is "Day number, Month Name, Year". However, when I publish the report to PBI Service, the format changes to "Day name, Month Name, Day Number, Year". 

How do I retain the same date format?

4 REPLIES 4
aybarsacar
Frequent Visitor

As the dashboards have many different users and can't manage their personal preferences on their browsers, I have found it more useful to hard code the date format where I show dates with the following dax as an example:

```
FORMAT( MAX(MD4C[CopyActivityDateTime]), "mm/dd/yyyy", "en-GB" )
```

cheers!
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bo_afk 

It may be caused by different date format .Please check the Regional Settings in Desktop and Language settings in Service , make sure they are consistent .

Ailsamsft_0-1633052043424.pngAilsamsft_1-1633052043426.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This works, But is it expected that every user makes necessary changes in their browser to see the date in the correct format?

Hopefully, there is a better way to manage this.

Regards,

As the dashboards have many different users and can't manage their personal preferences on their browsers, I have found it more useful to hard code the date format where I show dates with the following dax as an example:

```
FORMATMAX(MD4C[CopyActivityDateTime]), "mm/dd/yyyy""en-GB" )
```

cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors