Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PJStevens
Frequent Visitor

Pro to Premium upgrade in an organization

Hello all,

I recently asked my organization to upgrade me from Pro to Premium-Per-User, which was done last week Thursday. I still dont see my license type upgraded in Power Bi Service and not sure what to do. Can anyone help me? Isn't it supposedly to upgrade automatically once you pay for the Premium license?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @PJStevens 

Start by contacting your administrator to make sure you've made your license changes in the Office 365 admin center. If your Power BI Pro license is still active, it can cause problems. Confirm that you keep your Pro license, and then use the Power BI Premium Per User Add-On. The add-on means that it adds to the additional cost of the PPU while retaining the existing cost of the Pro license. You may be able to check out the following links:

Solved: Upgrade Power BI pro to Power BI premium per user ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

PJStevens
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Thanks for the response, it did seem to be on the organizational administration side that needed changing. It has been solved now, thank you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PJStevens
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Thanks for the response, it did seem to be on the organizational administration side that needed changing. It has been solved now, thank you

v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @PJStevens 

Start by contacting your administrator to make sure you've made your license changes in the Office 365 admin center. If your Power BI Pro license is still active, it can cause problems. Confirm that you keep your Pro license, and then use the Power BI Premium Per User Add-On. The add-on means that it adds to the additional cost of the PPU while retaining the existing cost of the Pro license. You may be able to check out the following links:

Solved: Upgrade Power BI pro to Power BI premium per user ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors