Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gfross
Helper I
Helper I

Premium Refresh Limits

I have Power BI Premium. My site has a Dashboard developed using Desktop. In that Dashboard, I have a report that was developed using Report Builder. The backend is a MySQL database. The report executes a stored procedure and runs perfectly fine. However, the dashboard will not update when I open it. I understand that I cannot create a Direct Query with MySQL, but my report will act like a Direct Query when it's executed. How do I get the dashboard to update like the report? Also, does that update considered part of the daily allowance? Do I need to change my backend to something other than MySQL? I really need to have a clear understanding of this because all the forums I've looked at are kinda vague. I really appreciate any advice on how I need to approach this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After going over the article you sent and doing more research, I discovered a solution. I was able to install and use the MariaDB connector to connect to my MySQL database. Thus, allowing me to create a Direct Query into my database. Then I was able to make sure the settings you described above is configured correctly. Thank you Lucien!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gfross ,

Power BI doesn't import the data, you don't need to run a data refresh. However, Power BI still performs tile refreshes and possibly report refreshes, as the next section on refresh types explains. A tile is a report visual pinned to a dashboard, and dashboard tile refreshes happen about every hour so that the tiles show recent results. You can change the schedule in the dataset settings, as in the screenshot below, or force a dashboard update manually by using the Refresh now option.

vluwangmsft_0-1666853329894.png

refer:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data 

Best Regards

Lucien

After going over the article you sent and doing more research, I discovered a solution. I was able to install and use the MariaDB connector to connect to my MySQL database. Thus, allowing me to create a Direct Query into my database. Then I was able to make sure the settings you described above is configured correctly. Thank you Lucien!!

Thank you for your response! I do not have Optimize Performance options for my dataset. I do have the Scheduled Refresh options but it does not contain what you're referring to. The only table in my dataset has it's storage mode set to 'Import'. I cannot change the mode to 'Direct Query' or 'Dual' because the database is MySQL. I tried connecting using the MySQL and ODBC datasources. Am I missing something?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors