Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

caveman
Regular Visitor

Premium Capacity Report

What is the definition of Query in the Capacity Report? Is query defined as the report refresh or for each visual within the report? Trying to get an understanding of usage of the reports within Premium put not sure if query gives me what I need.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

This depends on the mode of the report and the setting you set on the report file.
Say if your source is SQL and you used direct query . you have change the setting of how power bi submits the query to SQL.
If you are looking for detailed analysis of how each visual is queried you are better off doing that analysis in the report level using Performance analyser.
My understanding, is what you see on the report level is aggregated at the Power BI Capacity level. So in this case each visual is a query. Glad to be corrected on this note. 

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @caveman ,

Query Durations Data in this section is sliced by datasets, workspace, and hourly buckets in the past seven days.
Total: The total number of queries run for the dataset.
Average: The average query duration for the dataset, in milliseconds
Max: The duration of the longest-running query in the dataset, in milliseconds.
Query Wait Times Data in this section is sliced by datasets, workspace, and hourly buckets in the past seven days.
Total: The total number of queries run for the dataset.
Wait count: The number of queries in the dataset that waited on system resources before starting execution.
Average: The average query wait time for the dataset, in milliseconds.
Max: The duration of the longest-waiting query in the dataset, in milliseconds.

You can reference the documents to understand clearly about the definition of query.

Monitor Premium capacities with the app

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Not sure this answers my questions. For instance, if my report has four visuals on a tab and on a refresh does that count as four queries or only one?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors