Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Exported to PowerPoint - how to remove Page Number from image

Hi, 

When I export the PowerBI Dashboard to PowerPoint it brings over in the image at the bottom right of each slide - page 1 or 7 for example. Is there any way to remove this or stop it from happening?

Or even so it dosnt count the hidden tabs?

RhiRhi_1-1649421039114.png

Thank you,

Rhianna

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The issue has fixed. (ICM: 301468668), There is no form of disabling it so far . This is by design. Maybe you can export it as PDF to PPT. Or create an idea here. https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @doubleclick ,

The issue has been fixed. Please have a check.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
doubleclick
Helper II
Helper II

issue resolved, thank you!!!!!

doubleclick
Helper II
Helper II

any resolution with this?

Hi @doubleclick ,

The issue has been fixed. Please have a check.

Best Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Yes numbering is now gone from the exported PowerPoint!

Hi @doubleclick ,

There is no form of disabling it so far . This is by design. Maybe you can export it as PDF to PPT. Or create an idea here. https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards

Some of the graphics don't convert properly from pdf to ppt 

Karen_Payne
Frequent Visitor

+1 Just started happening an is causing lots and lots of extra work. 

009co
Helper IV
Helper IV

We are exporting to PowerPoint and selectively using some of the exported slides, not all of them.

The page numbering is then of course no longer relevant and needs to be edited from the images.

PowerPoint image edit - crop feature makes this easy enough but it is an extra slightly annoying step to have to do.

That solution doesn't work for our time. Still shows the page numbers.

doubleclick
Helper II
Helper II

Has this been fixed yet????? this is SOOOOOOOOOOO annoying

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dm870p ,

There is no form of disabling it so far . This is by design. Maybe you can export it as PDF to PPT. Or create an idea here. https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards

Not intending to be rude or anything, but why would this be by design?  Page numbers can be added in PPT already so this "feature" is completely unneccessary.  I have an entire sales and service staff that we were finally able to get them to export themselves.  This is a minor miracle.  But they won't do PDFs because they have other PPT decks they combine with what they export out of PBI.  We need a solution for this ASAP or we are going to take a step backwards

dm870p
Frequent Visitor

Hi, was wondering if there is a resolution for this?  I'm not finding where we can possibly remove this option.

cbrownWF
Regular Visitor

+1 on this issue appearing this week. I am using the PowerBI webapp so not a versioning issue. Looked all around but there does not appear to be a setting to turn this off. Very annoying to have to manually edit each exported image, bad choice on PowerBI's part to push this change without a corresponding setting.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The issue has fixed. (ICM: 301468668), There is no form of disabling it so far . This is by design. Maybe you can export it as PDF to PPT. Or create an idea here. https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards

Is there any update to this? The bar with the page number ruins our complete report that we export and add additional pages in PowerPoint... this "new feature" makes more work than less and is not user friendly at all!

This shouldn't show issue as being solved.  You just submitted a ticket.  The worst thing about these fixed page numbers is that it includes hidden pages in total number of pages.  Please address this useless feature immediately.

Please let me know when this is fixed, just noticied this a few days ago and it is such a hassle to put blank boxes over!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

It is a hassle, my quick solution that I have been using and offering team is to click image > format and then crop. Reduces the error of people moving the blank box on PowerPoint.

Hopefully though this gets removed ASAP!

Have a lovely day!

Thanks for this...I used your method to remove page numbers recently...not a permanent solution, but a workaround if you really need to remove page numbers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors