Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thobbs

Power Bi Invalid

Hi Everyone,

Recently my data analyst changed their password for their Microsoft account and now are having issues with Power BI and sharePoint, I have googled the issue and made sure I updated the sharepoint credentials as well as cleared my cache but still receiving the errors below. 

Please let me know if anyone has solved this.

Errors below.

thobbs_1-1673893610671.png

thobbs_0-1673893568193.png

Last refresh failed: 1/10/2023, 2:32:10 PM
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details

Data source error:

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the SharePoint source are invalid.

Thanks in advance !

5 REPLIES 5
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @thobbs 

According to your error screenshot provided, the first screenshot is about your personal gateway installation failure, it seems to have nothing to do with the problem of this case, the second is the configuration of your dataset, we can see that your first is a local data source, the gateway has been configured successfully and online, the second is a SharePoint cloud data source, according to my understanding for this data source you can directly click to the "Edit credential" below to enter credentials directly, Because these two are Microsoft's cloud services, the data exchange between them does not need a gateway as a bridge, please refer to the detailed description of this document:

Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1673920216038.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

When trying to make a new gateway I keep receiving an error saying Network issues but I am connected to the internet , not using a VPN or remote desktop. Have you seen this error before?

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @thobbs 

The error from the gateway is that it is not successfully installed. I would re-install the personal gateway with the latest version and try again!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

When trying to install a gateway I have Network issues, I am fully connected to the internet and not using any VPN or remote desktops. Do you know why this would be happening?

Hi , @thobbs 

According to the strategy of our forum technical support service, a case can only support you in one category of problems, about your configuration Power BI and SharePoint connectivity problems, I have replied above to the next step of the plan and problem analysis, convenient you can try it, for your current gateway installation problem detailed troubleshooting, I recommend you open a new case and attach a detailed screenshot containing the error content to facilitate the solution of the problem! Thank you for your support and understanding!

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors