Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Service Schedules Refresh error -214746725

Hi,

I have multiple reports that use the schudeled refresh. They have access to the files through the enterprise gateway, the files are access databases and csv files.

I can still refresh the reports and data sources, however there is a exclamation mark (!) next to the data source in the Service which shows me the following error message;

Er is iets fout gegaan
Kan geen verbinding maken met de gegevensbron undefined.
Probeer het later opnieuw of neem contact met de ondersteuning. Geef de volgende gegevens op wanneer u contact opneemt met de ondersteuning.
Onderliggende foutcode: -2147467259 Table: dim_SomeName.
Onderliggend foutbericht: Unspecified error
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: DataFormat.Error
URI cluster: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activiteits-id: 25a29219-c53d-40e1-99bc-2a8aaac99167
Aanvraag-id: fa265120-3ac7-bda0-9348-517c97580fb6
Tijd: 2019-07-26 12:48:15Z

I can't check if the table regarding the error message also is being refreshed or not, because the data only changes once in a while. When I manually refresh the desktop file everything works fine.

Can someone clearify this error message?

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

If you try to update the gateway to the latest version.

and if you may try to remove and readd the datasource in manage gateway.

and you may check the different privacy level settings in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service. Make sure you have the same privacy level security:

In Power BI Desktop:

Options and Settings --> Data Source Settings

For every Datasource: -->  Edit Permissions

Set Privacy Level: e.g. „Organizational“

Power BI Service:

Datasets --> (Choose you Datasets which does not update properly) --> settings --> Gateway Connection --> Actions --> (expand you cluster to show all Data Sources) --> (Choose relevant Datasource) --> Advanced Settings --> Privacy setting --> set same level (e.g. „Organizational) as in Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft ,

I followed your steps but without success. We have done some tests and we found out that none of de datasources attached to the Gateway were able to update.

I created a new report with one of the datasources that was in the other reports and concluded that that refresh was working well.

The problem seems to be related to two Access Database data sources. They continue to give an error message 'DataFormat.Error' for random tables out the Access databases that are used in the report and datamodel.

This problem has a big impact on the continuity of our business, we now have to manually update our reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors