Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

summron

Power BI Desktop and REST API

I have a report that I designed and published witht he Power BI Desktop.  Everything published great and looks good.  Now I want to update the dataset for this report via the REST API.  When I try to update this report it keeps sending back a bad request notification to my app.  I have code that finds the correct dataset and gets the correct dataset id.

If I just publish the dataset via the api I can publish and update the dataset with no issues. 

What I am noticing is if the dataset gets created via the pubish of the Power BI desktop then with the api the only thing I can do to it is get the dataset id.  I can't list the tables in the dataset, delete rows, or add rows.

Any insight would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda
Employee
Employee

Hi @summron, unfortunately, this is not currently supported with our API. If there is enough interest, it may be something we consider adding in the future!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Amanda
Employee
Employee

Hi @summron, unfortunately, this is not currently supported with our API. If there is enough interest, it may be something we consider adding in the future!

This would help us a lot with data refrsh and incremental update. The lack of this functionality means that we can not use many of the functionality of the Power BI desktop (measures, transformations, data types, formating etc...).

@Amanda

Yes, we need this feature.

Hi Amanda,

It will be nice to have this feature in the REST API service without any difference where and how the dataset has been created, when this option is enabled during the design/admin time.

Thanks

Roman

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors