Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI App is not updating the report after pressing update app

When we update the power BI App with new content, the changes are not visible instantly. I can see my changes only when I click on "Update App" Multiple times. Also Few users are not able to see the reports when we add the content for the first Time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

You need to go via "Update App", then on the (3) Audience tab, move your mouse over the navigation items on the left hand side, you see the Eye Icon pop up for each navigation item.

Burningsuit_0-1668185917728.png

You'll need to check this for each Audience you have created. 

Once you've published an App, adding any content to it is added with the view turned off for all Audiences, you have to turn the new content on for whichever Audience is appropriate.

Hope this helps

Stuart 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

You need to go via "Update App", then on the (3) Audience tab, move your mouse over the navigation items on the left hand side, you see the Eye Icon pop up for each navigation item.

Burningsuit_0-1668185917728.png

You'll need to check this for each Audience you have created. 

Once you've published an App, adding any content to it is added with the view turned off for all Audiences, you have to turn the new content on for whichever Audience is appropriate.

Hope this helps

Stuart 

Is there any other ideas of what could be wrong? I still do not have an answer to this problem. 

This is not the solution. I have the report turned published an is viewable to anyone who accesses the app. For some reason, the report that is visible on the app will not update with the newest changes. The first screenshot below is what the slicer looks like in the Update App, Audience tab with the the "eye" activated. The second screenshot is what it looks like on the app itself. I have tried to update it and it is viewable, it just won't update with the newest change to this slicer. 

brownb8955_0-1703181804786.png

brownb8955_1-1703181852483.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors